- Format: 2-pack
- Colour: natural front and back, coloured wings
- Composition: 45% organic cotton laminated with polyurethane (wings), 36% hemp, 19% organic cotton
- Label: 100% certified organic cotton
- Packaging : FSC paper
- Made in Quebec, Canada
Why use Öko-Pads?
– Reduced number of leaks: Our hemp fleece is ultra-absorbent and each of our products has a breathable waterproof liner that prevents leaks.
– Soft for the skin: The fabric that comes into contact with the skin is made of natural fibres that haven’t been bleached or dyed. The risks of irritation, allergy and infection are therefore reduced.
– Reduced ecological footprint: It is estimated that each woman throws out 10,000 menstrual products in her lifetime. One Öko-Pad can last at least six
years. Think of the savings once you stop buying disposable menstrual products every month!
– Comfort: The Öko-Pads are really comfortable due to their shape, lightness and softness. Moreover, since hemp has anti-bacterial properties, they reduce odors.
How do I care for my Öko-Pads?
Don’t forget to wash your Öko-Pads once before first use!
If you’re out of the house, fold up your used Öko-Pads and put them in your Dual Pocket Mini. When you get home, take them out right away. There are several ways to wash them:
The Lazy Bones Method:
Put your Öko-Pads in a laundry bucket or breathable bag. When you’re ready to wash them, put them in the washing machine for a short cold cycle, with laundry detergent and (optional) sodium percarbonate (chlorine-free stain remover, maximum 2 tbsp). Then do a regular wash cycle with cold water, adding your other laundry. To dry your Öko-Pads, you can put them in the dryer or hang dry (the sun is an excellent stain remover and is also antibacterial). Store in a clean and dry place. That’s it!
How can I avoid stains?
The natural colour of Öko’s eco-friendly textiles ensures a high level of hygiene. However, undyed textiles can stain easily. Here is how to reduce stains:
Mrs. White’s Method:
Soak your pads in cold water and add a non-chlorine stain remover (maximum 1 tbsp per 4 L of water) and/or laundry detergent. Soaking for one hour will greatly reduce stains. You can also leave a bucket of soapy water in your bathroom during your period. Put all your Öko-Pads in it. Change the water at least once a day. After a maximum of two days, wring out your pads and machine wash on a regular cold cycle.
Some other tips:
– Do an extra rinse if you have very sensitive skin.
– Hot water will make blood coagulate and stick to fabric. Always use cold water.
– Your Öko-Pads will get more absorbent after a few washes.
– Never use bleach or fabric softener: these products irritate the skin and will reduce the lifecycle of your pads.